BUSD: Proposal to gradually deprecate the BUSD market on Strike protocol. As an initial step in the BUSD deprecation plan, I recommend:
- Freezing new supply and borrow by reducing supply and borrow caps to 0.
- Set STRK emission rate to 0.
Given the ongoing deprecation of BUSD by Paxos leading to increasing risk due to reduced liquidity, we recommend gradually winding down the BUSD market on Strike.
- Paxos Will Halt Minting New BUSD Tokens
- Paxos will continue supporting BUSD until at least February 2024
- Binance started delisting BUSD pairs:
- Coinbase has already stopped BUSD trading:
This proposal aims to initiate the deprecation of BUSD from the Strike market. If the community decides to deprecate BUSD, I proposes a phased plan comprising the following actions:
- Limit exposure to BUSD on Strike
- Freeze new supply and borrow
- Stop STRK reward emission
- Encourage repay by gradually reducing the Collateral Factors
Following each update, we should continue to monitor the market and the impact of the parameter updates on usage. Based on the observed effects and future market conditions, we can continue to adjusting other factors of the market.